BIALL's membership year operates to the period 1 April to 31 March. All members receive a copy of Legal Information Management and the BIALL Newsletter, enjoy discounts on BIALL events, receive a copy of the BIALL Annual Salary Survey, and have access to the BIALL email forum.
The following are the subscription rates for new members joining between 1st July and 30th September 2013 for membership of the current period to 31 March 2014:
- Full Personal Membership: £52.50
- Full personal members may sit on and chair BIALL committees and are eligible for Council positions.
- Full Institutional Membership: £157.50
- Institutional membership is restricted to one fixed correspondence address per membership. It entitles the institution to three discounted attendances at each BIALL event and one copy of posted BIALL correspondence, including LIM. All eligible staff at that address may join the BIALL email forum and access the Members' Only Pages of the website.
- Student: £12.75
- Full time students should enclose proof of their full time status. Student membership is not applicable to part-time students or graduate trainees.
- Unemployed/Retired: £12.75
- Unemployed/Retired membership is only available to those who have previously been members of the Association.
Please note these rates only apply to new members. Existing members who are renewing their subscription should refer to the information on the Renewal and payment information page.
Renewing members are encouraged to pay their subscription by the 31st of March. Members who have not paid their renewal by 30th June will be deemed to have resigned.
Complete an application form in Word or PDF and send it to the Membership Co-ordinator. If you have any queries about membership, please contact the Membership Co-ordinator.