City Legal Information Group (CLIG) Bursary to assist CLIG members with attendance at the BIALL Annual Conference
The CLIG bursary is generously sponsored by CLIG and administered by the BIALL Awards & Bursaries Committee (ABC). The award of the bursary will be decided by majority vote of the CLIG Committee. The total limit of the bursary is £700, and can be administered as one full bursary or two half bursaries.
How to apply: complete the bursary application form and clearly confirm that you are a CLIG member and wish to be considered for the CLIG bursary. When completing the application form, you should give details on:
- why you would like to attend the BIALL Conference
- how attendance would benefit your professional development
- the contribution (if any) that your employer will be making to your attending the conference
- your involvement with CLIG to date.
Criteria for award of this bursary
- Applicants must be members of CLIG
- Recipients of bursaries last year may not apply this year
- First consideration will be given to applicants:
- who have not attended a BIALL conference before
- who have been working in the legal information world for less than five years
- who would not otherwise be able to attend due to lack of funding from their employer
- The CLIG bursary will cover the 'early bird' conference fee rates
- Applications for Day Delegate places will be considered, but in these instances accommodation and conference dinner costs will not be covered.
- The CLIG bursary does not include assistance towards travel expenses, and does not cover the costs of the pre-conference seminar.
- BIALL Personal Members can still be considered for a BIALL bursary if they are unsuccessful in getting a CLIG bursary
Conditions of acceptance
Recipients of bursaries will be required to write a report about the conference for publication on the CLIG Website
Please submit your application by downloading the application form in Word from the top of this page, and submit it to the committee using the form below.