BIALL Library School Student Bursary
The Committee is no longer accepting bursary applications for the 2016 Annual Conference.
About the bursaries
BIALL offers opportunities to library school students, who have an interest in legal information work, by awarding a number of bursaries to allow attendance at the BIALL Annual Study Conference. The bursary covers the conference fee and 3 nights accommodation.
How to apply: Complete the bursary application form [available here in Spring 2017] and return it to the Chair of ABC. Applicants should complete the form indicating:
- Reasons for wishing to attend the conference
- Reasons for applying for a bursary
- Evidence of an interest in the law library sector
Awarding of bursaries: In awarding a bursary the Committee may base its decision on a number of factors including:
- the quality of the application
- evidence of interest in the law library sector
- whether, or not, an applicant has received a BIALL bursary in recent years. Preference may be given to those who have not benefited from a bursary in the past.
- if there is an expectation of future commitment and performance in the law library profession
Bursary recipients may be asked to write a report to be published in the BIALL Newsletter, LIM or the BIALL Blog. Recipients may be called on to assist with some activities at the Conference, for example to help with the roving mic.
For further information: please contact Katrina Lancaster (Committee Chair).