BIALL Legal Foundations Course Bursary
BIALL’s Awards and Bursaries Committee are administering 2 bursaries to cover the cost of the BIALL Legal Foundations Course.
The Legal Foundations Course (previously the Law for Librarians Course) is run by BIALL's Professional Development Committee in conjunction with the University of Westminster Department of Professional Legal Studies. It is an online course providing a grounding in legal concepts for librarians and information workers with at least one year's experience in a law environment. It is not a course in how to conduct legal research, but rather a way of getting to grips with the terminology used in the legal profession, providing you with a better understanding of the law in England and Wales, and of how it has been applied in various subject areas.
Applicants must be BIALL personal members and should complete the bursary application form in Word (53kb). Please note that only 2 bursaries are available. In awarding a bursary the Committee may base its decision on a number of factors including:
• the quality of the application
• whether or not an applicant has received a BIALL bursary in the last 5 years
• proven or potential contribution to and/or participation in the Association’s activities
• the ability to be a good ambassador for BIALL, including being prepared to participate in conference sessions and activities
• Reasons for wishing to attend the course
• Reasons for applying for a bursary
• How the course will benefit your current role