Associate / Senior Associate Information Resources - NERA Economic Consulting
|Location||Berlin or London|
|Salary||Competitive + an excellent benefits package|
|Closing date||12 April 2017|
|Contact name||Emma Cairns|
Manager, Recruiting, Human Capital
|Company||NERA Economic Consulting|
NERA Economic Consulting (www.nera.com) is a global firm of experts dedicated to applying economic, finance, and quantitative principles to complex business and legal challenges. For half a century, NERA’s economists have been creating strategies, studies, reports, expert testimony, and policy recommendations for government authorities and the world’s leading law firms and corporations. We bring academic rigor, objectivity, and real world industry experience to bear on issues arising from competition, regulation, public policy, strategy, finance, and litigation. NERA’s clients value our ability to apply and communicate state-of-the-art approaches clearly and convincingly, our commitment to deliver unbiased findings, and our reputation for quality and independence. Our clients rely on the integrity and skills of our unparalleled team of economists and other experts backed by the resources and reliability of one of the world’s largest economic consultancies. With its main office in New York City, NERA serves clients from more than 25 offices across North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific.
We have an immediate opening for a full-time Information Resources Associate in our Berlin office. This is an exciting opportunity for a creative individual who has vision and enthusiasm to join a global Information Research team with an established and expanding firm.
Description and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Global Information Resources, the qualified candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Work with global consulting staff on a wide range of research projects using information tools and proprietary databases to provide information for client projects and business development initiatives
- Provide quick solutions and in-depth research, current awareness services, competitive intelligence and special research to support NERA’s consulting staff
- Work with NERA information resources team members from other regions to continue to build a global research function through sharing work and experiences
- Help educate consulting staff on research issues and train them on end-user products
- Assist in marketing and developing information services to NERA staff globally
- Provide special research and support to the European consulting staff as needed
- Work on special projects as assigned
- Advanced degree in one of the following is required: information/library science from an accredited program or Masters (MBA) in business or economics or law ; an undergraduate degree in economics or finance would be an advantage.
- Experience working in a research environment providing business, legal or financial information is preferred but is not required
- Understanding/knowledge and experience with database services such as: ThomsonOne, Datastream, SNL, BvD Orbis, Factiva, legal databases (Lexis Nexis, Westlaw, Bloomberg Law, Oxford Competition Law), Bloomberg, CapIQ, Factset
- Ability to prioritize, problem solve, respond quickly to requests and handle a workload requiring creative, analytical, evaluative, and interpretive thought processes
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills as well as strong oral and written communication skills
- Fluency in German and English is required and proficiency in other European languages, is a plus.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office and SharePoint
The qualified candidate must be able to work a minimum 40-hour week Monday through Friday and additional hours as needed to meet time-sensitive deadlines.
We offer a competitive salary, including an excellent benefits package.
To apply for this position please submit your CV and cover letter by clicking on this link: