Information Officer - Norton Rose Fulbright
|Closing date||23 December 2016|
|Company||Norton Rose Fulbright|
The role of Library & Information Services (LIS) is to ensure all internal clients (fee earners and business services) have access to prime knowledge and information resources. This is achieved by:
- Sourcing and delivering a range of services and systems which facilitate timely access to and retrieval of relevant and current information
- Training users so they have the expertise to research efficiently using the services and systems provided
- Promoting what is available to raise awareness of knowledge and information resources
- Continuous development of the service in alignment with the firm’s business services strategy
- A focus on adding value, process improvement and efficiency
The Information Officer will primarily be required to:
- Act as a specialist point of contact for a designated team or practice group
- Raise awareness of and deliver training on various knowledge and information resources
- Provide Current Awareness
- Contribute to Knowledge and Library initiatives as required
- Undertake enquiry work
- Deliver competitive intelligence
Key Responsibilities and Challenges
- Raise awareness and deliver training on knowledge and information resources
- Ensure internal clients are aware of all relevant internal and external knowledge and information resources
- Promote our ‘15 minute To Learn’ program and provide tailored training for trainees, fee-earners, new joiners and other interested parties across the LLP as well as other regions when required
- Training to use legal and business resources will develop research and retrieval skills and ensure users can access up to date information when they need it
- Participate in the evaluation of subscription databases and make recommendations
- Shared responsibility for the fortnightly Library Induction programme. This consists of a presentation, library tour and one-to-one desktop training
Research and Enquiry work
- Provide a research service on the enquiry desk on a rota basis. Respond to enquiries from the LLP (as well as other regions) which range in subject matter and complexity
- Assist external clients seeking library support and ensure your response is timely, accurate and reflects the exemplary working practices of the team
- Share knowledge and intelligence gleaned from enquiry work to facilitate best practice and increase the skill set across the global team
- Develop expertise in the use of the legal and business information sources to which we subscribe.
Support for the firms strategic development and growth
- Provide client, market, industry and sector information to support the LLP’s Business Development function and to increase the firm’s competitive advantage
- Compilation of “Bid information packs” and “People information packs” - to provide a standard and consistent level of information for bid situations (both strategic and transactional) and client meetings
- Develop expertise in the use of business information databases
- Allocate cost codes to invoices for online and external services which are recharged to Matters. Provide the Finance department with a spreadsheet charging the use of online and external services to Matter Numbers and Departmental codes
- Responsibility for verifying the accuracy of the monthly and quarterly enquiry database reports produced by our colleague in Manila
- Run ad hoc reports on request and provide trends analysis on the use of the London Enquiry Desk.
- Use data collected by the Global Service Centre in Manila to compile an Annual Report summarising how the desk was used in the previous year
Provide Current Awareness
- Compile news and other updates for internal distribution across the global business and occasionally to external clients
Legislation monitoring and Daily Legislation and Official Publications Updaters (UK)
- Provide holiday and sick cover for the legislation monitoring service and the Daily Updaters
Support for a specific team or practice group
- Attend meetings on a regular basis; highlight an aspect of our service / resources as appropriate
- Proactively identify opportunities for LIS to add value to the group
- Keep abreast of and disseminate resource developments relevant to the team
Information Service Management
- Contribute to the establishment and maintenance of library information policies and procedures
- Support and promote the new Knowledge database – Global Search for Experience
- Represent the team on various projects and committees across the Knowledge and LIS community
- Global Knowledge community. Actively participate in the global Knowledge network - share best practice and implement agreed policies and practices for Knowledge and Information management
Skills and Experience Required
- A Library or relevant Information Professional degree or post-graduate qualification (applicants without this qualification won’t be considered for the post.)
- Relevant work experience in a professional services environment, ideally law firm experience
- Ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively
- Understanding of Information and Knowledge Management principles and practices
- Capacity to work autonomously within agreed parameters
- Excellent communication, organisational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to identify and respond flexibly to fast-changing priorities
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement
- Commitment to providing a quality and user-focused Information service
At Norton Rose Fulbright we welcome receiving direct candidate applications via our careers page. Interested candidates must include a covering letter. http://www.nortonrosefulbright.com/careers/
If you would like to ask any specific questions beforehand, please contact Philippa Wilson at Philippa.firstname.lastname@example.org
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Diversity and Inclusion
At Norton Rose Fulbright we value difference and promote a culture of respect for each individual. We encourage workforce diversity in all aspects and at all levels and in doing so create an environment where everyone can realise their full potential and career ambitions on the basis of merit and skill.
If you are unable to apply for a position online or require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, please contact our Recruitment team on email@example.com
The Norton Rose Fulbright office in London has been awarded the Disability Two Ticks Symbol by Jobcentre Plus. The symbol identifies those employers who have agreed to meet five commitments regarding the recruitment, employment, retention and career development of disabled people.
We want to support your application as best we can. For that reason, we operate a Guaranteed Interview Scheme (GIS). This means that applicants with a disability need only meet the minimum qualifying criteria for a role to qualify for an interview under the scheme.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at Norton Rose Fulbright please click on the following link http://www.nortonrosefulbright.com/corporate-responsibility/diversity-and-inclusion/
Norton Rose Fulbright
Norton Rose Fulbright is a global law firm. We provide the world’s pre-eminent corporations and financial institutions with a full business law service. We have more than 3800 lawyers based in over 50 cities across Europe, the United States, Canada, Latin America, Asia, Australia, Africa, the Middle East and Central Asia.
Recognized for our industry focus, we are strong across all the key industry sectors: financial institutions; energy; infrastructure, mining and commodities; transport; technology and innovation; and life sciences and healthcare.
Wherever we are, we operate in accordance with our global business principles of quality, unity and integrity. We aim to provide the highest possible standard of legal service in each of our offices and to maintain that level of quality at every point of contact.
Norton Rose Fulbright LLP, Norton Rose Fulbright Australia, Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP, Norton Rose Fulbright South Africa Inc and Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP, each of which is a separate legal entity, are members (‘the Norton Rose Fulbright members’) of Norton Rose Fulbright Verein, a Swiss Verein. Norton Rose Fulbright Verein helps coordinate the activities of the Norton Rose Fulbright members but does not itself provide legal services to clients.
Law around the world