Information Officer - London
|Closing date||10 August 2016|
|Contact name||Simon Vialls|
|Company||Career Legal Limited|
A top tier law firm based in Central London, are looking for an Information Officer to join the Legal Information Services team.
You will be working within a team of six assisting the fee earners.
Main duties include :
- Answering queries and requests for research received from fee-earners, mainly in London office but also our overseas offices.
- Supporting fee-earners and others in the use of information sources including online services, the hard copy library and intranet
- Delivering occasional training sessions in a classroom environment.
- Attending Practice Group and other meetings to understand and contribute to the work of the practice in which the officer is embedded. The information officer will be expected to adapt their role to fit the particular information needs of the practice group(s) in which they are embedded.
- Assessing information products and services, advising fee-earners on purchases and subscriptions.
- Managing news alerts.
- Editing and maintaining intranet content.
- Working with Professional Support Lawyers, Business Development, Communications and other teams to deliver joined-up services to fee-earners.
- Processing of information aspects for new starters and leavers, particularly log-in and password procedures for information sources.
- Taking part in general administrative duties such as shelving and book processing.
- Giving inductions to introduce new joiners to the services provided by LIS.
- Maintaining visibility and promoting the LIS services to end users.
- Creation and maintenance of training literature such as intranet guides and videos.
Attributes / skills required
- A flexible, helpful, professional with a proactive attitude.
- A keen interest in the legal information sphere. This would be shown by active membership of a professional organisation such as BIALL, CILIP, SLA, CLIG or similar bodies.
- Commercial awareness including an understanding of the business aspects of the commercial legal sector.
- An interest in relevant technology. The candidate should be very computer literate, familiar with standard Microsoft Office applications including Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint. An aptitude for using tablets, smartphones, e-books and mobile applications is required.
- Ability to use own initiative and challenge work practices.
- Strong communication (both written and oral) and inter-personal skills. The role will involve regular face-to-face contact with lawyers and other professionals.
- Highly organised and tidy, with excellent attention to detail.
- Education and experience
- Graduate, ideally with a qualification in the library or information field.
- A qualification in law would also be beneficial.
- Some knowledge of legal information resources is required, for example online services such as Lexis Library, Practical Law, Westlaw and others.
- Ideally the individual will have some relevant experience of working in the legal or professional services environment and be familiar with information management, search and retrieval concepts.
This position is offering a competitive salary.
Please send your CV for immediate consideration to email@example.com